- FULL NAME
WHO IS DJ VERAH?
DJ Verah is a DJ based in Nairobi, Kenya, with more than 3 years of professional experience in the field. Verah has performed in a number of clubs, bars, in corporate and other special events throughout the country, with frequent appearance in many TV and radio shows.
- LETS PUT THIS TO REST. MUST A FEMALE DJ HAVE THE LOOKS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE DJ INDUSTRY?
Definitely yes… I think that building a strong branding identity is crucial in the DJ industry, especially for women, where having a good look and adopting the appropriate dressing code for each event is something that certainly contributes to distinguish you from the others and build your image, by making it memorable
- IF I WANNA HIRE YOU, WHAT ARE THE RATES?
My rates depend on the nature and importance of the event, as well as on the length of my performance. Indicatively, my fees are in the 20.000 – 30.000 Ksh range.
- WHAT WAS YOUR PARENTS REACTION WHEN YOU DECIDED TO PURSUE DJ AS A CAREER?
They asked me to leave their home … (which I did). Seriously, they were unhappy firstly because it seems like there’s a stigma when a woman enters a male-dominated industry, secondly because they were aware that the typical life of a DJ implies an overnight working schedule, which is not easy to accept.
- IF YOU WERE TO SHARE A STAGE WITH ANOTHER DEEJAY.WHO WOULD YOU LOVE IT TO BE?
i would like to share the stage with Dj Klash…i just love his style of playing music and how he engage the crowd
- ANYONE IN PARTICULAR WHO HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL TO YOUR GROWTH IN THE INDUSTRY?
yeah…Dj Ruffnec, He really played a big role in my career , i don’t take it for granted. Thank you Man
- WHO DO YOU LOOK UP TO?
Juicy M from Ukraine, i learn a lot from her everyday.
- ADVICE TO UPCOMING DEEJAYS WHO LOOK UPON YOU AS A ROLE MODEL.
Look good, feel good, do good. First, create your own look, secondly love what you do, because passion is the fuel that drives performance, thirdly, read your audience and deliver.