She is one of Kenya’s Top Female Deejays Having been On The Game for almost Half a Decade. Rhoda Ngei Better known by her stage name Dj Malaika Has been on the forefront to ensure female and male deejays get equal treatment in the deejaying Industry.
1. FULL NAME: Rhoda Ngei
2. HOW WAS YOUR GROWING UP LIKE?
Growing we didn’t have much but it was a nice and simple
3. WHEN DID YOU START YOUR DEEJAYING CAREER?
4. ANYONE IN PARTICULAR WHO PUSHED YOU AS AN UPCOMING DJ?
I’d say myself, its something I wanted to do and I was determined to get to where I am now and to keep growing even now.
5. LOWEST MOMENTS YOU’VE EVER HAD IN THE COURSE OF DEEJAYING?
Sometime in 2017 I had a minor car accident, broke my right collarbone and I couldn’t Dj for 2 months.
6. WHICH IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE EVENTS THAT YOU HAVE DEEJAYED?
Deejaying for presidential campaign in 2017
7. CDJ OR CONTROLLER AND WHY ?
It depends they all great I think but I can say now am in to controllers coz thats what i have now.
They are easy to carry around compared to cdj, easy to learn, they are cheaper and most of them are advanced where if you need some extra decks(cdj) you can just connect and use both of them.
8. HOW WAS IT PERFORMING IN OMAN ?
It was an Amazing experience
9. HOW DO YOU HANDLE YOUR CRITICS?
If there is any criticism I hear it out, if it”s constructive I take it into account but if it’s just someone throwing shade I just leave it alone.
10. ANY PARTICULAR DAY OF THE WEEK THAT YOU DON’T ACCEPT GIGS?
11. 10.YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR IN THE DEEJAYING INDUSTRY?
Being able to Dj abroad.
12. ADVICE TO YOUNG UP AND COMING DJS WHO LOOK UPON YOU AS A ROLE MODEL.
Work hard, be patient and don’t take no for an answer