- FULL NAME
- YOUR DEEJAYING CAREER. HOW DID IT ALL START?
My career began while I was still in high school, used to practice on my virtual dj set at my brothers movie shop after listening to uptown radio which was my favourte at the time.
- WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO APART FROM DEEJAYING ?
Deejaying is my main hustle bt also have invested in an online clothing store livehouse wear. Also learning production.
- WHICH IS YOUR BEST CLUB SO FAR?
I have to say lounge_254 mainly for its consistency bt also Milan because of their euniqe approach to the entertainment scene.
- BEST WAY TO UNWIND AFTER A GIG ?
Take a cold shower and then watch a movie before heading to bed.
- IF YOU WERE TO CHOOSE A DEEJAY TO SHARE A STAGE WITH, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
G-money, Zj Heno and Fully Focus.
- WHICH MUSIC GENRE WOULD YOU SCRAP FROM EXISTENCE IF GIVEN A CHANCE TO?
Hard Rock without a doubt.
- HOW HAS USE OF SOFTWARES AFFECTED DEEJAYING INDUSTRY IN KENYA? On a positive note it has brought in a more sophisticated and professional output of mixxes and also brought about the mashup culture which is a plus for the industry. But on the negative side most people only want to learn the softwares and not the old skool way of deejaying leading to flooding of people claiming to be djs by assumption that knowing the software is deejaying and also leading to market value going down since most only do that for fun and not as their passion.
- WHY DO MOST DEEJAYS SHUN TURNTABLES AND THE TRADITIONAL DEEJAYING STYLE?
Shortcuts provided by the new machines make people love it since its easy to learn and to you use since most controls are automated hence most shunning the traditional turntables due to their huge demand of concentration and knowledge of it.
- HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE AND HOW CAN CLIENTS BOOK YOU FOR EVENTS?
Currently I charge 250$ or 25k for club gigs and events,private gigs varies by the logistics eg (size and hours)
Bookings can be made via my email : firstname.lastname@example.org o r +254719320990 and also you can dm me on any social media platform @djfabisch.
- HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH A CLIENT WHO REFUSED TO PAY OR RAN OFF WITH YOUR MONEY AFTER A GIG?
Yeah,earlier when I started deejaying and was naïve to the workings of the industry on one occasion the club paid me 6%percent of the money they were suppose to pay me for a huge brand activation and also a private gig that ended up being a police case after the event organiser didn’t pay for the venue,ran away and our equipment were held as collateral.
- WHY DO KENYAN MUSICIANS KEEP COMPLAINING KENYAN DEEJAYS DON’T PLAY THERE MUSIC?
Some of them are not aggressive enough to get their music out there only looking for well established sources to get their music out their instead of just trying each and every way to just get consumers to listen to their music through street mixxes and also paying ad on youtube and other social media platform.. you just cant start big you have to gradually grow and also be consinstent,eventually your music will get there. Case study : Sauti sol.
- ADVICE TO UPCOMING DEEJAYS WHO LOOK UPON YOU AS A ROLE MODEL
Just be aggressive,pratice,listen a lot and discipline always be disciplined.